Monday, January 7, 2013

A Call Up To Those Heroes Who Would Help A Goat Or A Writer In Need

Note: This is a repost from here. Don't be confused when it mentions me in third person.


DISCLAIMER: This is a blog about money. The most common question we get is, why should I care about this? Why should I give money to people I don’t know? Don’t tell me about your so called need, 

I need money too omg yyyyy uuuu ffff

It’s usually not phrased so politely.

And my answer to this is, well, you shouldn’t. If that’s your reaction, then please, turn away now, for you are not our target market, and we don’t need to convince you to care.

But some people are kind and empathetic and they like us and they have a spare $5. We’re talking to them.

To the kind heroes of our hearts: THE GOATS NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE!!
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to help me and @sushi_goat raise the rest of the money we need for our trip to meet.

THE GOOD NEWS IS: YOU CAN DO IT FOR $1. OR EVEN FOR FREE.

(If you’re new to this adventure, refer to these links for the full story: A Tale Of Two Goats & a song we wrote)

So, what happened? Well, as many of you know I found a casual job over Christmas and it looked like we were going to be all set for the trip. But then I just didn’t get anywhere near the number of shifts I was hoping for, and we were plunged back into financial uncertainty once again.

So, what are we asking for exactly? Well, if you’re reading my blog you probably know that I self-published a book about six months ago, and we have been selling it to raise trip money. It’s an ebook that costs $6.54 and is available here. It’s funny, clever, and just a little… off-beat. If you haven’t bought it yet, that’s the best way to contribute to our cause, as you are also supporting my art. I get $5 from every sale, and overall we need to raise the funds equivalent to about 150 book sales.

The second way to help is via a paypal donation. We have been overwhelmed with the generosity we have already seen from our kind heroes, but we have more money to raise to meet our target. It isn’t a lot of money that we need – if 150 people donated $5 (or bought books), or 75 people donated $10, or 38 people donated $20, we’d be there. It’s not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things, but to us it’s a small fortune. It’s the difference between eating and not eating for about two months. AND once we have it secured, we can stop worrying so much about our finances and get on with sorting out the red tape of the trip: visas, passports, bookings, etc etc.

FOR THE NEXT TWO MONTHS I WILL BE FOCUSING ON TRYING TO RAISE THE TOTAL AMOUNT WE NEED!!

Consider it a funding drive!

I will be posting as much as I can and trying to offer as many incentives as I can. I can draw pictures, take photos, write and record thank you songs, write you poems, write a romantic sonnet for you to give to your own lover and pretend it’s from you, whatever you want (as long as I can do it without spending money!) Just make sure I know who you are and that you donated! 

If everyone who followed us just on twitter donated $5, we’d have $14,500. We don’t need anywhere near that much, but it puts it into perspective. If you’re reading this blog, consider donating just $1. Sometimes this blog gets hundreds of hits in a day. You do the math. 

IF YOU DON’T EVEN HAVE $1 TO SPARE: We get it, don’t worry. You can still help us by posting the link to the book or to the various blogs explaining the situation. Tell your friends! Tell your enemies (but make sure you’re standing at a safe distance!)

This trip really means the world to us. It’s hard to convey the complex emotions I feel about this situation over the internet, but to imagine how the prospect of failing at raising these funds feels to me, just imagine that your insides are full of needles and broken glass.
The other thing worth mentioning is that this trip is doubling as an opportunity for me to take an extended period of time in which to write my next major piece. So if you enjoy my writing then PLEASE consider donating!!

IMPORTANT LINKS:

DONATE VIA PAYPAL

BUY A BOOK

My twitter

Sushi’s twitter

PLEASE SHARE THIS BLOG AROUND!!!!

love love love love love love love love love xxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment